Publications, Lectures and Other Stuff
Online book: The Universal House of Justice and the Baha’i World 1963-1973, by Peter Smith.
© Peter Smith, August 2011
Part I. INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENTS
2. The Establishment of the Universal House of Justice
3. The work and development of the Universal House of Justice
A. ADOPTION OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNIVERSAL HOUSE OF JUSTICE.
B. OTHER DEVELOPMENTS.
4. The Universal House of Justice and the Guardianship
A. THE GUARDIANSHIP AND THE COVENANT.
5. The Hands of the Cause and Related Institutions
A. INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENTS.
B. ASPECTS OF ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONING.
C. THE WORK OF THE HANDS AND COUNSELLORS.
Part II. EXPANSION AND CONSOLIDATION
6. The Nine Year Plan.
B. OBJECTIVES, GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
7. Worldwide expansion and consolidation.
A. WORLDWIDE EXPANSION.
B. NATIONAL SPIRITUAL ASSEMBLY FORMATION.
C. OFFICIAL RECOGNITION & PROPERTY ACQUISITION.
D. PUBLISHING, TRANSLATION AND ETHNIC DIVERSITY.
8. Progress and implementation.
9.Teaching, Consolidation and Deepening.
A. ‘TEACHING THE MASSES’.
D. THE WORLD CRISIS.
10. Pioneering and Travel Teaching.
A. PIONEERS AND PIONEERING.
B. TRAVEL TEACHING.
12. International conferences.
Part III. ASPECTS OF BAHA’I LIFE
15. The role of the individual.
16. The role of youth.
17. Law and Administration.
A. QUESTIONS OF BAHA’I LAW.
B. MATTERS OF BAHA’I ADMINISTRATION.
Part IV. THE BAHA’I WORLD CENTRE
18. The Baha’i shrines and gardens.
19. Work on the Baha’i texts.
20. External relations.
21. The Baha’i funds.1. Preface to online edition
Note: This is a book that I started many years ago. It has been lightly edited for posting online by J. Winter. As JW notes the source document was prepared in WordPerfect on PC. A copy of the unedited original wpd file can be downloaded from http://bahai-library.com/smith_uhj_bahai_world . This was converted to OpenOffice on Mac, typeset, and exported as PDF. Edits include: author’s working notes removed or updated, references to sections not yet written (e.g. introduction, foreword, upcoming chapter references, appendixes) deleted, underdot diacritic markers removed, formatting streamlined, paragraph styles defined/standardize, spellchecked, URLs updated (J. Winters, August 2012).
It is available in full at http://bahai-library.com/pdf/s/smith_uhj_bahai_world.pdf.