Publications, Lectures and Other Stuff
Some Movies about Poland since World War I.
1. Katyń is a 2007 Polish film about the 1940 Katyn massacre, directed by Academy Honorary Award winner Andrzej Wajda.
2. Schindler’s List is a 1993 American epic historical period drama film, directed and co-produced by Steven Spielberg and scripted by Steven Zaillian. It is based on the novel Schindler’s Ark by Thomas Keneally, an Australian novelist. The film is based on the life of Oskar Schindler, an ethnic German businessman who saved the lives of more than a thousand mostly Polish-Jewish refugees during the Holocaust by employing them in his factories.
3. Uprising is a 2001 war/drama television miniseries about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. The film was directed by Jon Avnet and written by Avnet and Paul Brickman.
4. The Pianist is a 2002 historical drama film co-produced and directed by Roman Polanski starring Adrien Brody. It is based on the autobiographical book The Pianist, a World War II memoir by the Polish-Jewish pianist and composer Wladyslaw Szpilman.
5. Kanał (Polish pronunciation: [ˈkanaw], Sewer) is a 1956 Polish film directed by Andrzej Wajda. It was the first film made about the 1944 Warsaw Uprising,
6. Man of Iron (Polish: Człowiek z żelaza) is a 1981 film directed by Andrzej Wajda. It depicts the Solidarity labour movement.
7. Catholic Poland crushes the Soviet invasion on Europe, A.D. 1920 [Nationalistic account of the Polish-Soviet War of 1920]:
8. Preparing for Invasion: Poland’s Paramilitary Weekend Warriors [Contemporary]: